ALGIX DURA™ 3D printer filament is easy to use and outperforms conventional PLA and ABS in many areas. DURA does not release toxic fumes and does not require a heated bed or heated chamber like ABS. Compared to conventional PLA and ABS, DURA has improved toughness, elongation and brittleness. DURA also has better heat resistance and layer adhesion than PLA, and has higher print resolution than ABS, producing a very smooth finish with nearly invisible layers. DURA filament is made primarily from renewable content and is compostable. It also requires a lower printing temperature than ABS, which allows for more energy efficient printing.
- 2x toughness of ABS
- Increased heat resistance up to 120°C
- Heated bed not needed
- High gloss finish with improved adhesion
- Low printing odor, low toxicity and compostable
Suggested extrusion temperaturre: 175°C
3D Printing Tips
- To achieve the best performance, store DURA™ filament in a cool, dry place as it can absorb moisture from the air, and long-term exposure to high humidity conditions can compromise almost any filament quality and performance.
- Print in an area with good airflow and minimal temperature fluctuations.
- Be sure your build plate is level, clean and oil-free before printing. DURA™ filament adheres well to glass or plastic and does not require a heated build plate or heated chamber like ABS filament.
- If your machine does have a heated build plate, we do advise using it for larger prints set at a temperature of 60°C, and if your machine has a fan, we recommend using it for most prints.
- It is recommended to use a water based glue stick before starting prints to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate.
- This filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 175-195°C (2.85mm filament usually prints at the higher end of this range).
- If prints appear stringy lower temp in 5°C increments until your prints appear satisfactory.
- For more stability and a higher quality print, consider experimenting with infills of 10-35% as well as print speeds of 50-100 mm/s. Reduce layer height to 0.10mm.
- For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
- Clean nozzle after every use.
- Clean the base plate after each day of printing.