ALGIX OMNI™ 3D printer filament is the perfect material for your FFF 3D printing needs, because it is easy to use and outperforms conventional PLA and ABS in many areas. OMNI does not release toxic fumes and does not require a heated bed or heated chamber like ABS. OMNI has better heat resistance and layer adhesion than PLA and has higher print resolution than ABS, resulting a very smooth final product. OMNI filament is made from primarily renewable content and is compostable.
- Improved elongation over PLA
- Less warpage and shrinkage than ABS
- Heated bed not needed
- Higher print resolution than ABS
- Non-toxic and compostable
Suggested extrusion temperature: 195°C
3D Printing Tips
• Always print in an area with good airflow and minimal temperature fluctuations.
• Be sure your build plate is level, clean and oil-free before printing. OMNITM filament adheres well to glass or plastic and does not require a heated build plate like ABS filament.
• If your machine does have a heated build plate, we do advise using it for larger prints set at a temperature of 50°C, and if your machine has a fan, we recommend using it for most prints.
• It is recommended to use high water content hairspray (as opposed to high ethyl alcohol content) lightly sprayed on the surface and allowed to dry before starting prints to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate.
• This filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 195-215°C (2.85mm filament usually prints at the higher end of this range).
• If prints appear stringy lower temp in 5°C increments until your prints appear satisfactory.
• For more stability and a higher quality print, consider experimenting with infills, print speeds, and layer heights.
• For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
Click here to download the Material Data Sheet for OMNI.